Thursday, September 30, 2004

WSJ reporter spills the secret

Posted by Eschaton:
"But, what frustrates me, aside from the Bush administration's belief that fantasy trumps reality if only you clap hard enough, is that the media is complicit. I'm not entirely sure why, but 'everyone knows' that Iraq has been 'Lebanized.' Once upon a time I can understand why a healthy dose of optimism kept a lot of people cheerleading, but now it's just a mess. The media won't present the mess, they present the Rove-tinted fantasy version that he gives to them. I wish I knew why - it would be easier to figure out what to do about it. It could be simply because they're in the tank for Republicans, and we can't possible broadcast such 'partisan facts' at this time. It could be because they were all complicit in the runup to the war, and they're unwilling to face the monster they've created...."

Go read the whole thing.